About POM Planning
Want to learn more about POM Planning? If so click here.
POM (Peace of Mind) Planning was started when Roccy DeFrancesco, JD, CAPP, CMP decided it was time the industry needed an RIA that could actually fulfill the promises it made to advisors and their clients.
In short, POM Planning was created to help advisors fulfill their fiduciary duty to its clients. It’s an RIA that is designed to help advisors give comprehensive planning advice.
Value proposition of working with POM Planning:
1) Transparency—most IARs are not fully informed or informed at all about how the RIA they work with is managed at a company level, how portfolios are designed, how managers manage money, how and why fees are determined, and where those fees go. Advisors who work with POM Planning will know the answers to these questions and more.
2) Fee integrity—there are too many RIA models in the industry who say they have an “all-in” fee but really don’t. For example, a firm may tout an “all-in” fee of 1.95% but are using several mutual funds with fees outside of the “all-in” fee. We do NOT believe this is intellectually honest. Our portfolios consist almost entirely of 3rd party managers whose fees are included in our base fee structure.
3) Fee sensitivity—we understand that clients want low fees, however, low fees usually equal low value. What we help advisors provide to clients is a high level of sophistication with fees that are more than fair for what is provided. Our portfolios have different prices that vary depending on the assets held. Our lowest cost portfolio starts with an “all-in” cost of 1.04% to a high of 1.85%. The average cost is 1.45%.
4) Case design support—most RIAs only do lip service when they say they offer case design support. At POM Planning, we consider this our 2nd most important role (2nd to making sure we use the best 3rd party managers we can find). Because we believe in the proper use of FIAs and IULs as asset classes, when we help advisors with case design support, we include these asset classes in the process.
Our case design team is 2nd to none due to the fact we can pull in our advisory board members if necessary to give input.
5) Comprehensive planning—as fiduciaries, we think most IARs and RIAs do their clients a disservice when it comes to giving advice. Most advisors simply want to pick up AUM or sell fixed products. We don’t believe that is good planning. Good planning helps clients get their entire financial world in order. That includes helping with asset protection, estate planning, life insurance, tax planning, corporate structuring and buy/sell planning for business clients, LTC planning, retirement income planning, and more.
Most RIAs are NOT capable of helping advisors give advice on such a wide variety of topics. POM Planning is uniquely postured to help advisors give clients the comprehensive planning they deserve.